All SIG plc subsidiaries will, so far as is reasonably practicable provide;
- Adequate resources to ensure the proper provision for the implementation of the HS&E management systems and compliance with current legislation and adopted guidance.
- Plant, work equipment and systems of work, which are safe, and without risk to health.
- Arrangements for the safe use, handling, storage and transport of articles and substances for use at work and minimise the environmental impact of such processes.
- Employees with such information, instruction, training and supervision as is necessary to enable the employee to ensure his or her health and safety at work and the safety of others that may be affected by their acts or omissions.
- A working environment that is safe and without risks to health, with adequate means of access and egress, and adequate welfare arrangements.
- Arrangements for effective employee consultation regarding health, safety and environmental matters.
- Monitoring procedures to maintain agreed standards and ensure that steps are taken to reduce the likelihood of days lost from work related injury and ill health.
- Adequate competent Health, Safety and Environmental personnel to assist in applying the provisions of health, safety and environmental law.
- Information, advice, facilities and products to promote the economic minimisation of energy use, waste produced, and fuel usage.
- The organisation and arrangements for implementing this policy are set out in the SIG plc. Health, Safety and Environmental Manuals available at each location.